Join a startup that's leading innovation.
Find your future at one of our startups
You don't have to be a founder to be a part of startup culture. Startups at the DMZ are often on the lookout for programmers, sales talent, designers, and other skilled talent to join their teams. Interested in joining some of Toronto's most innovative businesses? Check out who's hiring below.
The DMZ - Digital Marketing Lead
The DMZ is a world-leading startup incubator based at Toronto Metropolitan University that equips the next generation of tech entrepreneurs with the tools needed to build, launch, and scale highly impactful startups. By providing connections to customers, coaching, capital, and a community, the DMZ’s customized approach helps innovators reach the next milestone in their entrepreneurial journey – whatever that might be. Through its award-winning programming, the DMZ has helped more than 776 startups raise $1.95 billion in capital and create 4,890+ jobs. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada with globally-accessible programming, the DMZ has a widely-recognized international presence with offices in Vietnam, India, and the U.S., and partnerships across North America, Latin America, Africa and Asia.
The Digital Marketing Specialist works closely with the Manager, Marketing & Communications to lead the organization’s overall digital marketing strategy and increase the DMZ’s profile as a world-leading startup incubator in local, national and international markets. The candidate for this role has strategic thinking capabilities to support the development and execution of innovative marketing and communications plans and campaigns to drive brand awareness, promote startup recruitment, and improve engagement with external stakeholders. The role leads all aspects of the DMZ’s digital marketing efforts, including SEO strategies, website analytics, influencer campaigns, paid and organic social media strategy, photoshoots, and video productions to support DMZ activities and initiatives in accordance with the brand guidelines, timelines and budgets.
(1) Digital Marketing
- Plan and execute all digital marketing campaigns, including social media, SEO/SEM, newsletters, and search and display advertising.
- Accountable for all paid and organic digital marketing initiatives. Coordinate and execute campaigns on appropriate platforms/channels, tracking performance and optimizing approach to drive improved results. Help formulate the social media budgets and spends.
- Proactively create and/or coordinate event registration, newsletters, videos, photography, templates, presentations, infographics and other assets.
(2) Social Media
- Develop, implement, and manage the DMZ’s social media content that aligns with the overall communications plan and related campaigns to increase brand awareness, drive engagement, reach, and conversion. Responsible for maintaining the editorial calendar, and creating all digital content, templates, and assets.
- Support the DMZ’s senior leadership social strategy by developing and publishing strategic content, supporting community management, and developing thought leadership strategies.
- Assist in brainstorming new and creative growth strategies for all channels.
- Create and publish engaging event content for the DMZ, including live coverage and recap posts.
- Collaborate with team members, academic and administrative units across campus, and with our community partners and media.
(3) Data Analytics
- Measure performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals and KPIs. Develop regular reports to track performance and leverage insights to optimize digital marketing initiatives.
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights.
- To help us learn more about you, please provide a cover letter and resume describing how you meet the following required qualifications:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Communication, Marketing, Journalism, English or in a related field and a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in digital marketing experience participating in a wide variety of digital activities, planning, implementing, monitoring, and reporting on campaigns (organic and paid), good understanding of social media marketing in a dedicated marketing/branded communications positions, busy advertising or a similar environment with the following requirements:
- Strong experience in analytics to report on campaign performance through Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Data Studio
- Experience designing graphic elements and leading creative vision for digital and online media and print.
- Publishing knowledge and skills to create, edit/proof and prepare final print-ready marketing and communication materials
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices in accessible, user-centred design and content creation.
- Ability to Identify the latest digital trends and technologies in the local, national and international startup ecosystems.
- Demonstrated experience in independently planning, developing, managing and monitoring social media channels such as Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, Reddit, digital marketing campaigns, SEO/SEM, newsletters, and videos.
- Strong project management, time management, and budgeting skills to manage day-to-day channel activity and special digital initiatives. Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent command in related software applications such as social media scheduling tools (Later, Sprout)native analytical and insight tools for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop), and proficient in Google Workspace and MS Office.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required to assist with content and promotional materials.
- Ability to work proactively and manage shifting priorities and projects with strong organizational, planning, problem solving, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Attention to detail to ensure all media and communication initiatives reflect the proper branding and positioning of the DMZ and Ryerson University.
- Ability to brainstorm, quickly troubleshoot problems and think creatively.
- An ability to work independently and as an effective team member and flexibility are required to effectively multi-task and prioritize to ensure completion of assigned work under multiple and strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to client service, specifically students, staff, faculty and external contacts.
- Knowledge of the startup ecosystem and experience working in tech are assets.
- Qualified OPSEU candidates will be considered before members of other employee groups.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Applicants who do not meet all of the posted qualifications may, upon the University’s sole discretion, be considered to fill a vacancy on an underfill basis.
- Candidates must have a demonstrated record of dependability/reliability and a commitment to maintain confidentiality.
- We encourage all First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples or Indigenous peoples of North America, to self-identify in their applications.
- As part of the selection process, candidates may be required to complete an occupational assessment.
- Applications will only be accepted online through Toronto Metropolitan University’s career site.
- Toronto Metropolitan University is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and aims to ensure that independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of the university culture.
- We will provide an accessible experience for applicants, students, employees, and members of the Toronto Metropolitan University community. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the recruitment process. If you have restrictions that need to be accommodated to fully participate in any phase of the recruitment process, please reach out to: email@example.com. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Job Type: Full Time Paid
No Jobs Found
Don't see the job you're looking for?
Leave your name and information with us via the form below, and if you're a match for a startup job that opens up, we'll reach out!