Validate your startup today
Turn your vision into reality
Establish your minimum viable product, validate your idea and secure customers with the DMZ’s Pre-Incubator program. Plus, get a chance to secure an exclusive spot in the DMZ Incubator after graduation to receive $10K+ in entry grant funding, 18+ months of additional support and exciting perks.
Rolling intakes monthlyAPPLY NOW
How it works
Startups are accepted into the Pre-Incubator on a rolling basis with the goal of acceptance into the Incubator. The DMZ will determine whether startups enter the Training or Execution Phase.
Startups need flexibility, which is why the Pre-Incubator is flexible in length. Applications and program intake occur on a rolling basis, with new startups joining at the beginning of each month. On average, startups spend 4 to 6 months in the Pre-Incubator.
If the startup is not hitting their goals, they may be asked to exit.
The DMZ delivers results
$1.95Bin funding raised
4878jobs fostered in our
Establish your business
- 12+ hours of curated on-demand content on 8+ topics
- Hands-on support, including 1:1 meetings with Experts-in-Residence, curated workshops, progress check-ins, and founder meetups
- $470K+ in perks from 80+ partners
- Exclusive invites to industry networking events and workshops
- Startups with a Black founder receive a $5K grant upon entry to the Execution Phase
- Startups with at least one Black Co-Founder receive additional support
- Startups with at least one woman-identifying Co-Founder receive additional support
- Opportunity to gain accelerated acceptance into the DMZ Incubator to receive up to $10K+ in entry grant funding, 18+ months of additional support, funding, DMZ office space, and more!
Meet the DMZ team
Emily SmileyDirector, Partnerships & Investor Relations
Justine ClarkPrograms Lead
Mohi SaniselPrograms Manager
Sherif El TawilSr. Director, Programs & Global Operations
Meet your Experts-in-Residence
Take a look at the mentors that support our Pre-Incubator companies. To see all mentors, please visit our Experts-in-Residence page.
Anthony LauProduct, Sales
Hackim FarrellCybersecurity, Product
Jodi EchakowitzPublic Relations
Karen HoggCustomer Success
Melissa MalcolmHR Strategy
Meet your Professionals-in-Residence
Through the Professional-in-Residence (PiR) program, DMZ founders have direct access to senior leadership at vetted companies, all under the DMZ roof. One-on-one strategic consultation meetings are pro-bono and any projects or work arising thereafter (at the founder's discretion) is offered at DMZ exclusive discounted rates.